What types of items are available to purchase?
We have thousands of new and gently-used products that are listed and shipped by individual sellers all across the country. To learn more about listing your own items, see the SELL section in the FAQs.
What do the different item conditions mean?
We ask that all sellers include a condition for their item while listing and disclose any flaws. Here are what those conditions mean:
- New with Tags (NWT) - tags from the original retailer are attached, item has never been used/worn and is free of defects.
- New without Tags (NWOT) - tags from the original retailer have been removed, but the item has never been used/worn/altered or washed and is free of defects. Includes handmade items.
- Excellent Used Condition (EUC) - item may have been lightly used/worn and must not have any signs of wear or defects which includes pilling, writing on labels (i.e. “This belongs to,” etc.), other defects. Like-new.
- Very Good Used Condition - item has been used/worn and has the following defects which must be disclosed in the item description: LIGHT wash wear (color fading and/or pilling) in clothing/textiles, minor scuffs from light wear on soles of shoes. Writing of any kind on both clothing/textiles and shoes.
- Good Used Condition (GUC) - item has been used/worn and has the following defects which must be disclosed in the item description: MODERATE wash wear (color fading and/or pilling), minor stains (not visible to the naked eye), missing closures (buttons, snaps, etc.) that are not essential to functionality, scuffs throughout and visible heel wear on soles of shoes. Writing of any kind on both clothing/textiles and shoes.
- Play Condition - item has been heavily used/worn and has the following defects which must be disclosed in the item description: heavy wash wear (color fade/pilling), heavy pilling, shrinkage, holes, tears, snags, heavy stains (visible to the naked eye), missing or broken closures (buttons, snaps, zippers) essential to functionality on clothing/textiles, major scuffs, scratches, stains, holes, tears, heavy wear on soles, missing or broken closures (laces, snaps, zippers, velcro), separating of shoe soles (i.e. sole splitting off from shoe). Writing of any kind on both clothing/textiles and shoes.
What sort of purchase protection is offered?
All purchases are protected by the following Buyer Protection guarantee:
- Shipping Guarantee: Buyers have the option to request a refund if the tracking shows the order never shipped after 7 days. If the tracking shows the order shipped but did not arrive at its destination, a full refund will be issued. See the Return Policy for more details.
- Order Satisfaction: Sellers are required to issue refunds if the item received is not as described. If the seller is unwilling to issue a refund, contact Customer Support in order to open a Refund Claim.
- Dispute Mediation: Kidizen mediates disputes if the buyer feels that the items are not as described and the buyer and seller are not able to agree upon a solution.
- Fraud Protection: Kidizen closely monitors sellers who fail to ship and/or ship items not as described. In addition, all financial information is encrypted and is not shared with the seller at any time.
What is the return policy?
All sales are final unless the item is not as described or is not received. Once a purchase is made, any requests to cancel an order that has not yet shipped is at the discretion of the seller. For shipped orders, both buyers and sellers are protected with every order with Buyer and Seller Protection. Refunds may be issued in the following two scenarios:
The order is not received:
Buyers will receive a refund if their order was not shipped or if it did not arrive at its destination, but the refund must be requested within 90 days of purchase. If a seller does not ship an order or provide tracking information, a buyer is given the option to request a refund after 7 days (on day 8) by scrolling to the bottom of the Order Detail screen in the app. If the tracking number shows the order shipped, but did not arrive at its destination, Kidizen will cover the cost to refund the buyer if the shipping was purchased through Kidizen. If the shipping was purchased elsewhere, the seller is responsible for covering the refund. When the tracking number for the order shows that the order arrived at its destination, the buyer is responsible for contacting their post office and/or filing a police report (if theft is suspected). You can find more information on what to do if you do not receive your order here. Refunds requested after 90 days cannot be processed.
The order is not as described:
If the buyer receives an item that does not match the listing description or is sent the wrong item, we ask that the buyer first contact the seller so that the seller is given the opportunity to resolve the situation. Buyers are required to message the seller within 5 days of delivery if there is an issue with the order. If the seller is not able to provide an acceptable resolution, the buyer can contact Customer Support to open a Refund Claim. Items cannot be worn or altered in any way, which includes being laundered or stain treated. Refund claims based on odor can be opened only if the seller has a previous history of odor complaints. Odor is subjective and can vary by individual.
When opening a Refund Claim please include the order number as well as photos and details about the issue. If the item is determined to be "not as described," the buyer will be issued a refund and the seller’s account will be debited for the refund amount. In the event that a refund is issued and the seller would like the item(s) returned, the seller will be responsible for paying the return shipping fee. The buyer will need to ship the item back within 5 days of receiving the return label, after which time the Refund Claim will be closed. All items that are returned must be in their original condition.
If a buyer receives an order that fits the original listing description but is otherwise not satisfied with the purchase, we encourage the buyer to reach out to the seller. In this situation, a refund may be issued by the seller at the seller’s discretion, but it is not required. This also includes sizing issues since sizing varies between brands, within brands/certain lines and items, and if the item has been washed and dried (unless protocols were not followed on the garment care tag). If a buyer is unsure of how a brand fits, we highly recommend getting measurements from the seller. If the item is a replica or unbranded, it may be subject to a refund if sizing varies significantly from standard sizing.
Returns and Seller Funds
In all return instances where the seller is responsible for funding the return amount, the seller's payment method will be charged if they do not have a sufficient available balance in their account.
All returns must be approved by either the seller or Kidizen. Items sent back without approval will not be refunded. If the return is approved, then the item will need to be shipped back to the seller within 5 days.
Is there a shipping fee?
Shipping fees are determined by each individual seller. Many sellers offer free shipping but if items do have an additional shipping charge, the amount is included on the item detail screen.
When will my order be shipped?
Most sellers ship within a few days, however they do have up to 7 days. If the tracking does not show that the item has shipped after 7 days, you can request a refund (you can find more information on what to do if you don't receive your order here). Once it is shipped it typically takes anywhere from 2-4 days to arrive, however USPS can have delays and sometimes it can take longer. Tracking should indicate when an order is out for delivery. Once you receive it, the shipping status will update on the order detail page.
What happens if I don’t receive my order?
As a buyer, you are protected with Buyer Protection if the order is never shipped or is lost in transit. Here's what to do if you do not receive an order you purchased:
- Order Not Shipped: If the order has not shipped, the first step is to reach out to the seller to inquire about your order. If you do not receive a response after 48 hours, you can select the Request Refund Option at the bottom of the Order Detail screen. The Request Refund option is available once 7 days have passed from the purchase date. Once you select the Request Refund option, you will be automatically refunded if the order does not have tracking information from the seller. If there is tracking information but it does not show as shipped, the seller is contacted first before the refund is issued.
- Lost In Transit: If the order was shipped but the tracking number shows that it did not arrive at its destination, please reach out to Customer Support so that we can issue you a full refund.
- Delivered But Not Received: If the tracking number shows that the order was delivered, you will need to contact your local post office so that they can investigate as refunds are not issued for these. If the post office is able to confirm that the postal carrier delivered the order and theft is suspected, we recommend contacting your local police department to file a report. We also recommend that you check with neighbors to ensure that the package wasn’t delivered to the wrong address.