Under the USPS Automatic Package Verification Program, Kidizen is automatically charged for underpaid postage. We recognize that determining the cost of postage can often be confusing and that underpaid postage is not usually intentional. Here are some ways you can avoid underpaid postage:
- Weigh your items after they are in their packaging. Packaging adds extra weight, especially boxes. Poly mailer bags will be the lightest option and only add a few ounces.
- Make sure to round up. For example, if your package weighs 7.1 ounces, you should purchase the 8-ounce label.
- Make sure any packages 5 Ibs or more are also under the volume requirements stated here and also on the screen where you would purchase the label.
How adjustments will work:
If we receive a notification for underpaid postage, we’ll first check to make sure this claim is in line with the contents of your order and that the Post Office scan isn’t off. For instance, if you mailed a pair of infant shoes, these shouldn’t show up as 2 lbs when scanned. If your label does appear to be short the accurate postage, the overage will be taken out of your KidBucks account. If you do not have money to pay for the overage in your account, it will be taken out when you do and you will be notified at that time. Because you are not notified until we are able to charge your account, the charge may not come until months after you have sent the order.
After 3 underpaid postage charges, a penalty fee of $2 will be added to each underpaid postage charge.
- Your tracking number
- Your contact information (First and last name, phone number, and email address)
- The reason for the dispute
Typical turnaround time is 2-5 business days but it may take up to 15 days. Kidizen will receive an email when a dispute is opened and a second when the dispute is approved or denied.
Here is more information regarding their package verification process https://www.usps.com/business/verify-postage.htm